If you’re an Aweber customer, you should be aware of the fact Aweber provides as a standard feature the ability to create a sub-segment of a given list. This is done by filtering the data associated with a given list. Lists can be filtered using data that Aweber will collect at the time people opt-in, or it can also include the ability to filter based on a custom data field you’ve added to the report. In this video you’ll learn how to create a sub-segment by City/State for the purposes of sending out a targeted email alerting the segment of a particular event of interest. If you need any help, or support or have a question please don’t hesitate to leave a message below or submit a support ticket.
Aweber Email Marketing Training Videos
Intentional Magic customer training videos and articles for customers who are also using Aweber email management services to manage their email marketing.
How to Create a Broadcast Email Message in Aweber, Schedule and Send to One or More Lists
If you haven’t logged into your Aweber account in a while shame on you because they’ve made some dramatic usability improvements across the board. This is particularly applicable to the way that messages are created and then scheduled for broadcasting to multiple lists, or just a single list. The nice thing about the feature is that you can now create a message generically and you can not only broadcast it but you can also assign it to a list for follow up purposes. Why? Good question, glad you asked. If you track your stats you might find that there’s a particular message that gets or has gotten a high percentage of opens and click-throughs. Hence you might want to also at some point make it a scheduled message.
This video primarily is to help you get your broadcast message butt in gear.
If you have any questions, leave them below. Let me know what you think.
If you’re an Aweber customer and you’re using email marketing in your business, you’ll want to pay attention to this video because it’s important that you have a look and feel to your messages that are consistent with your business and that are friendly for your audience to view.
This short video will show you how to create a very basic Aweber template for your broadcast and your follow up messages. There will be a separate video for newsletter style templates. The Aweber template editor is very easy to use.
Of course you’re encouraged once you watch this video to go into Aweber and discover some of the other features that are at your disposal to create your own.
Importing Contacts Outlook 2010 To Aweber
If you’re using Outlook, or your email client to send email messages to prospects, or current customers you run the risk of having your ISP blacklist your account and disabling your email all together. I’ve had this happen to me so I’m speaking from experience. If you’re only sending a few email messages no big deal. However regardless of how many contacts, or messages you’re sending out through your email client, it’s always a good idea to use an email management service such as Aweber. Here’s why.
Benefits of Using Email Management
There are many benefits to using an email management service but here’s a few of the big ones.
- Schedule Messages: If you use a service you can create an auto-responder series of messages that go out to your list without you having to do it yourself.
- Track and Improve Results: When you send out your emails through your email account you can’t track anything. You don’t know how many messages got opened and who clicked on the link in your message. When you use a service such as Aweber you will be able to know the percentage of messages that got opened and any links that got clicked. Having this information allows you to improve your messages over time by changing headlines, the message etc.
- Split Test Broadcast Messages: If you have a list in Aweber greater than 100 subscribers you can split test. This means you can write a broadcast message, create a variation of that message by tweaking the content, or the headline and then tell Aweber to split 50/50 (or whatever percentage between the two variations.
As I said there are many benefits but the above are three main benefits that come to mind.
Export From Outlook 2010 to Aweber Checklist
The process is actually pretty easy and the seven minute video will make that fact abundantly clear. However here’s a checklist.
Step 1 Export Contacts From Outlook 2010
- Open Outlook 2010
- Click on the “File” tab at the top.
- Select “Options” from the left.
- Select Advanced.
- Find “Export” in the list.
- Run through the Export wizard making sure that you export to a File, then a Windows CSV file, using your Contacts folder.
- Save the CSV file to your computer.
Clean Up CSV Export File in Excel
Outlook is going to export a lot of information you don’t need and we want to clean this up.
- Open Excel
- Go to File and select open.
- Browse to the location on your computer where you stored the CSV file.
- Tell Excel to look for all files.
- Find the CSV file and open in Excel.
- Remove all columns other than first name, last name and email address.
- Edit the file to make sure it’s clean and reflects the exact list of people you want to add to your Aweber list with the proper names.
- Click on file and save as an Excel workbook.
Import Excel File to Aweber
The only caveat here is that you make sure that you have the “Confirmed” opt in for the list your working with already setup. If you do not have this setup you’ll need to do this first. If you have then just follow these steps.
- Click on Subscribers and select “Add Subscribers” from the drop down.
- Click on the “Import More than 10” option.
- Browse to find your Excel file.
- Aweber will read the file and ask you to map the columns in the Excel file to your list.
- Click next/done.
It’s really a pretty simple process and it will probably take you longer to watch the video then to actually do all the steps. However it is a good idea, as mentioned above to export your contacts from your email client to an email management service like Aweber.
The steps I’ve outlined use Outlook and Aweber. However exporting contacts from other email clients such as Gmail, Hotmail or Thurnderbird, or previous versions of Microsoft Outlook should be relatively straight forward. If you have any questions leave them below in comment box.
Traditionally we think of adding our email list subscribers via some type of online form. However there are ways that Aweber supports the addition of subscriber that you capture via off line means. For example if you sponsor a seminar, or a demonstration or some event, it’s always a good idea to have a guest list handy so that people can leave their first and last names as well as email address. One note to this is that make sure to include on your guest list a check box that gives them the opportunity to acknowledge that they’re signing up to be on your email list. Hence the origin of the phrase permission marketing. We never want to send anyone email without first getting their permission.